Providing training to construction companies, consultancy firms and client organisations is one of our core skills. All of our training courses are developed in partnership with the industry and regularly updated to reflect any case law developments and changes in legislation.
We specialise in providing training on all forms of construction contract, including:
These courses are designed for individuals who wish to upskill themselves in managing and administering construction contracts.
These courses are designed for larger companies who need their teams brought up to speed on a specific contract or project
ICE Law and Contracts Management Course
We are an accredited provider of the Institution of Civil Engineers’ Law and Contracts Management Course. We deliver this course via a dedicated e-learning platform to students throughout the UK and overseas.
Our public courses are designed to bring individuals up to speed on various topics relating to construction contracts and construction law. Our upcoming public courses are listed, click to find out more.
If you do not see the training course you are after, feel free to get in touch to discuss your options.
There are no upcoming events at this time
ICE Law and NEC4 Contracts Management Course
Become an ICE Accredited Contracts Manager
The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Law and NEC4 Contracts Management Course is an internationally recognised qualification – and we are accredited by the ICE to deliver it. Delegates who successfully complete the course will be entitled to join the ICE’s register of accredited Contracts Managers. Delegates will also develop a practical knowledge of the law of contract and negligence, as well as gaining understanding of how to manage NEC4 contracts.
- The course is split into two modules, which are examined separately.
- Module 1 covers the law of contract, tort and evidence. This module will be delivered between 28 September 2023 and 14 December 2023.
- Module 2 covers NEC4 Contracts Management. This module will be delivered between 25 January 2024 and 28 April 2024.
- Lectures will be delivered live via zoom on Thursday evenings between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. Recordings will be uploaded to our dedicated learning app.
- Fortfield & Brown offers on-going support throughout the duration of the course.
- Examination preparation sessions will be held before the official ICE exams take place in June 2024.
£750 plus VAT for both Modules, or £400 plus VAT for one module. Exam fees are additional and paid directly to the ICE.
Individual tutoring is available if required at extra charge.
How to Book
A VAT invoice will be provided if your application is successful. Full payment must be made prior to the course commencing.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2023.