Mediation is a flexible dispute resolution process where the parties use an impartial mediator who assists them in reaching a settlement.
Ensuring that a suitable mediator is appointed is vitally important. The mediator needs to be impartial, but they also need to have excellent communication skills and industry knowledge.
Our Mediation Service
Our Director and lead consultant William Brown is an experienced construction mediator.
William has an extensive mediation practice and has a proven track record in helping parties resolve disputes between themselves via mediated settlements. As a dual qualified civil engineer and solicitor advocate, William is able to cut straight to the core commercial issues and suggest potential areas of compromise.
William’s recent mediation experience includes:
- £450,000 dispute concerning defect rectification costs on a multistory carpark refurbishment project.
- £250,000 dispute concerning delay and the application of delay damages on a carriageway dualling scheme.
- £1,200,000 dispute concerning design liability on a university project.
- £650,000 dispute concerning delay and disruption on harbour infrastructure works.
- £120,000 dispute concerning ground conditions on a new build school project.
- £200,000 dispute concerning damage caused by a water leak on a hotel project.
Get in touch today
Would you like a free consultation? Submit your details here and we will arrange a call.
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletter for relevant legal updates
We regularly report on developments in case law, contractual best practice and construction specific legal updates