- This event has passed.
Managing the JCT Standard Building Contract 2016 (full day) – ONLINE
27 April @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge they need to successfully manage projects procured under the JCT Standard Building Contract (2016). This course is highly interactive and makes use of “real life” examples to explain how each key clause operates in practice.
This course will be delivered fully online. Participants will be provided with study materials in advance of the session which can be marked up based on the discussions had with our expert delivery team.
The following core areas of the JCT SBC 2016 will be examined in detail:
- Overview of the JCT suite of contracts.
- Understanding the documents that make up the JCT SBC 2016 contract.
- Allocation of key risks including design, the content of the Employer’s Requirements and pricing.
- Review of JCT terminology, including key definitions and terms.
- Notices and communications under clause 1.7.
- The main obligations of the Employer and the Contractor.
- Subcontracting requirements.
- Managing defects and quality.
- Identifying, notifying and quantifying the effects of relevant events and relevant matters, including an overview of the law governing the recovery of loss and/or expense.
- The payment mechanism.
- The differences between the SBC/Q, SBC/XQ and SBC/AQ.
CPD certificates will be provided following successful completion of the course.
The cost of this course is £295 plus VAT. To book your place, please contact us at – Training@FortfieldBrown.com