William is a dual qualified engineer and solicitor. He has a unique blend of technical and legal expertise which enables him to deliver advice on a wide range of construction matters. William is also a qualified construction adjudicator with extensive dispute resolution experience throughout the UK, Ireland and the Middle East.
William is retained by a wide range of clients from large public sector bodies to small subcontractors. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of construction law, including contract drafting, contract management (NEC, JCT, FIDIC, RIAI and Public Works), negotiation of contracts, preparing claims and resolving disputes.
William is also an accomplished lecturer and trainer. William is currently a lecturer in construction law and dispute at Queen’s University Belfast. He is also regularly invited to deliver guest talks and training programmes to various national institutions including ICE, CIOB, RICS, CICES, SCSI and IEI.
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- LLB (Hons) Law
- MSc Construction Project Management
- LLM Legal Practice
- Dip.Adj Construction Adjudication
- Practising Solicitor (England & Wales)
- Practising Adjudicator
- NEC Accredited Contracts Manager
- Drafted a suite of template subcontracts and consultancy appointments for a large main contractor working throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Successfully defended a large public sector body in an adjudication process over a £1m dispute concerning the assessment of 60 compensation events under an NEC3 ECC Short Contract
- Represented a Subcontractor in a complex £1.5m dispute relating to ground conditions under a heavily amended NEC4 ECC contract. The dispute was finally resolved in mediation with the Main Contractor.
Get in Touch
Would you like a free consultation? Submit your details here and we will arrange a call.